Blog Archive

Friday, April 11, 2014

Socrative Science Quiz (Ms. Pastore)

For day #2 with the iPads I wanted to try using a different program to show the students how many varieties of ways we can use these as educational tools. I created today's scheduled Science Vocabulary Quiz on a web-based program called Socrative. Socrative is a great tool for creating quizzes and tests. It was especially neat being the teacher in this situation because I got to watch all their results coming in on my iPad as they were taking the test. Since the LMC has many work areas we all went to the library so they could spread out while taking their test.





Today went incredibly smoothly and the students were really engaged in their new test taking experience! The only downfall, of course, is that I cannot send a graded quiz home for parents to see. So I am still working out a solution for that situation. I think we achieved several goals today. Firstly, we were able to further expand their understanding of what the iPad was capable of. Also, we were able to emphasize the idea of mobile learning by allowing them the flexibility of taking their test anywhere they wished. Today was a major success! Can't wait for next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment